The latest release of Matillion ETL for BigQuery version 1.33, includes a whole host of enhancements, new features and new components to make Matillion ETL better than ever before!
What’s new in Matillion ETL for BigQuery version 1.33?
You can also find the full release notes and upgrade instructions on our BigQuery Support Center.
New Data Connector Components
- Grid Iterator allows iterating the values of a Grid Variable, similarly to iterating through a table of values. Some customers are using this to store array style data such as column names vs. data types within a grid variable to be used to create new tables down the line.
- SQL Editor (in all Query components) now shows available Tables/Columns and Variables to help you author and test SQL queries from source systems. You can find this within the Advanced mode that has a new Metadata explorer providing details of the available tables and metadata. Double click on the metadata you want to bring into your SQL statement making this process easier and faster.
- A new “Notices” V1 API endpoint allows you to query the current system notifications and post new messages which notify all users. Users are making use of this feature to send notices of any downtime or other general notifications, such as best practices or resources. These are HTML based so you can include images as well.
- The V1 Endpoints now cover users and permissions. Use the Matillion ETL API to retrieve information about users and permissions or make bulk changes to user permissions settings. For example, if you are starting a new instance and want to configure the same permissions.
- Matillion no longer requires “listAllBuckets” permission (although this is still recommended for all product features) to meet a customer security request.
- Job Variables (scalar and grid) now have a “Visibility” that determines how they are displayed elsewhere.
- Trigger the execution of Orchestrations jobs via Pub/Sub messaging via a new Topic Listener feature. This allows Matillion ETL for BigQuery to talk to other GCP services, which can help further automate your data workflows.
- 100+ bug fixes across all areas of Matillion ETL
- All variables now have a description
Want to learn more about Matillion ETL for BigQuery version 1.33? Register for our webinar on July 18th at 11am EST and see v1.33 in action and get an opportunity to ask Ed Thompson, Matillion CTO, questions about the latest release.
[callout-content title=”Start using Matillion ETL for BigQuery version 1.33 today by updating your instance. Not using Matillion ETL yet? Request 1:1 demonstration or start a 72-hr free test drive.”]
[button title=”Request a Demo” link=”https://matillion.com/get-a-demo/google-bigquery/”]
[button title=”Take a test drive” link=”https://matillion.com/free-trials-test-drives/etl-for-bigquery/”]