The latest release of Matillion ETL for Snowflake version 1.33, includes a whole host of enhancements, new features and new components to make Matillion ETL better than ever before!
What’s new in Matillion ETL for Snowflake version 1.33?
You can also find the full release notes and upgrade instructions on our Snowflake Support Center.
New Data Connector Component
New/Updated Components and Features
- Grid Iterator allows iterating the values of a Grid Variable, similarly to iterating through a table of values. Some customers are using this to store array style data. This includes column names vs. data types within a grid variable to be used to create new tables down the line.
- SQL Editor (in all Query components) now shows available Tables/Columns and Variables to help you author and test SQL queries from source systems. You can find this within the Advanced mode. The new Metadata explorer provides details of the available tables and metadata. Double click on the metadata you want to bring into your SQL statement making this process easier and faster.
- A new “Notices” V1 API endpoint allows you to query the current system notifications and post new messages which notify all users. Users are making use of this feature to send notices of any downtime or other general notifications, such as best practices or resources. These are HTML based so you can include images as well.
- The V1 Endpoints now cover users and permissions. Use the Matillion ETL API to retrieve information about users and permissions or make bulk changes to user permissions settings. For example, if you are starting a new instance and want to configure the same permissions.
- Matillion no longer requires “listAllBuckets” permission (although this is still recommended for all product features) to meet a customer security request.
- Job Variables (scalar and grid) now have a “Visibility” that determines how they are displayed elsewhere.
- A new Construct Variant component to create Snowflake variants from data columns. You can use this to compress data into a single variant within Snowflake. This makes data easy to share with other applications that expect a variant for ingestion, i.e. JSON.
- Transpose Rows component to aggregate multiple rows of data into a single output row.
- Data staging (from all Query components) may use INTERNAL Staging so you don’t need to care where intermediate files are stored. Use the Internal Staging form the query components to create a stage on Snowflake (temporary internal stage). This will be erased once the data is loaded. You don’t have to select or find an available bucket or go back and delete the files after the load has completed.
- Sequence Support has been added from ‘Environments’ context menu within the client. Users can create their own Snowflake sequences that are accessible by components for easy generation of unique numbers across their datasets (for example, as a way of introducing primary keys).
- 100+ bug fixes across all areas of Matillion ETL
- All variables now have a description
Want to learn more about Matillion ETL for Snowflake v1.33? Register for our webinar on July 18th at 11am EST and see v1.33 in action and get an opportunity to ask Ed Thompson, Matillion CTO, questions about the latest release.
[callout-content title=”Start using Matillion ETL for Snowflake version 1.33 today by updating your instance. Not using Matillion ETL yet? Request a 1:1 demo or start a 14-day free trial.”]
[button title=”Get a Demo” link=”https://matillion.com/get-a-demo/snowflake/”]
[button title=”Start Free Trial” link=”https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/B073GRSSZD/ref=_ptnr_matilliondotcom”]