Now released, Matillion ETL for Amazon Redshift version 1.18.5
We’ve just released Matillion ETL for Amazon Redshift, version 1.18.5. This release is jam packed with awesome new features, as well as a number of improvements to existing components.
The release notes are below, or alternatively, watch this short video for a tour of all the new features.
**Free Training 1 Hour Training Session (and get a free $50 AWS credit)**
To help you get the most out of Matillion ETL for Amazon Redshift 1.18.5, we’re delighted to offer you a free 1-hour training session and Redshift health-check, worth $250. Attend and we’ll also give you a free $50 AWS credit voucher.
Learn more and register for your free training here.
- S3 Manifest File Writer. This component adds all S3 objects matching a regular expression into a manifest file, ready to use in the S3 Load component.
- Transpose Rows. Aggregate data into delimited lists, a.k.a. List Aggregate
- “If” component. In an Orchestration job flow this evaluates variables to conditionally execute parts of the orchestration flow
Improvement to Existing Components
- ‘Create Table’ now allows specification of identity (auto-increment) columns, primary kjjeys and sort-key style
- Components that create tables (create table, rewrite table, RDS Load, Database Load) can now specify whether the sort key is Compound or Interleaved
- S3 Load now supports the AVRO file format
- S3 Load and Unload now support a master symmetric key for client-side encryption
- Aggregate now supports an Approximate Count
Other new features
- Many editors now support syntax-highlighting and auto-completion, including the Expression Editor.
- User Defined Functions are now listed in the Expression Editor along with all the built in Redshift functions
- Enable SSL between your AMI and the Redshift Cluster
- Variable Exports. Each components can export runtime information into a user-defined variable. That variable can then be used in other components, including the new “If” component to direct the flow of a job
- Support for DB2 in the Database Query component (subject to uploading your own driver)
- Dozens of minor enhancements and bug fixes to components, memory management, performance and documentation
…Existing users can find out how to upgrade here
Start using Matillion ETL for Amazon Redshift today. Launch a Free 14 Day Trial now, on the AWS Marketplace.