Consulting Partner Manager
Responsible for generating sales through partners., Building strategic partnerships that drive tangible business value, through channel partners like Consulting Partners, Solution Integrators and Managed Service Providers (SI’s, MSP’s). Help educate Consulting partners, SI’s, and MSP’s understand Matillion and it’s benefits for their business, customers and strategic growth. Support & Manage the direct sales and customers from those partners and helping create a repeatable sales model.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Help define and execute Matillion’s global Consulting Partner strategy
- Integrate into existing partner sales training and programs
- Foster relationships with key BD/sales stakeholders and executives at partner organization
- Manage shared/funded marketing programs with Consulting partners and attend joint events and technical sessions
- Establish and orchestrate co-selling programs between Matillion’s and the Consulting partner’s sales teams
- Embeds benefits from project inception, ensuring these are evolved and rationalised throughout project progression
- Ensure that projects deliver optimum cost/benefit solutions and success criteria agreed
- Cultivating and building strong relationships with partners and becoming their trusted advisor
- Sales enablement and training, ensuring partners are proficient in our product and offering when presenting Matillion
- Manage business rhythm with partner’s BD/sales organizations, implement scorecards and KPIs, and track goal achievement
- Implement internal tracking, create dashboards and regular business reports to the Matillion leadership team and direct report
- Live the Matillion values; reflects Matillion’s values through demonstrating positive behaviours.
Functional or Technical Knowledge and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of experience in program management, partner development and/or channel sales roles in the business technology market
- Experience building global GTM initiatives with strategic and SI partners
- Proven ability to think and work strategically, while also driving rapid execution including personally contributing to key deliverables
- Ability to quickly understand complex issues and develop/apply simplifying frameworks to facilitate broader organizational understanding, decision-making, and action
- Excellent time management and organization skills with attention to detail
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and proactive problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- Experience working within enterprise software development industry
- Solid understanding of Cloud computing technology and a utility pricing model
- Willingness to travel (~35%)
- 5+ years of partner programs experience at an enterprise software (or Cloud) company and experience with partner programs
- Strong ability to sell cloud solutions with and through partners
- Experience in transition channel models to include cloud/SaaS
- Strong leadership skills in driving global business planning, initiatives and adoption into the regions
- Impeccable execution on plans and a significant bias towards measuring impact
- Marketing background/experience a plus
- Experience working with or for AWS, Google, Microsoft or Snowflake
Personal Capabilities Required, e.g. skills, attitude, strengths
- Strong Sales abilities and proven direct sales abilities
- Works well as a team
- Professional and has a good technical knowledge of the cloud and IT
- Passionate about partners with a drive to achieve quick results
- Passion for technology combined with an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for customer satisfaction
- Capacity to assume increasing responsibility in a highly successful, fast-paced global startup organization
These values are the same across all roles, functions and geographies in Matillion. You will go through an exercise on joining that looks in details at the values and relates them to your own role.
1. We are Confident without Arrogance: We take pride in what we do but we stay humble.
2. We work with Integrity: We have a strong moral compass; we are transparent, and we hold ourselves accountable.
3. We are Customer Obsessed: We will always go above and beyond to listen to, acknowledge and value our customers.
4. We Innovate and Demand Quality: We believe no product, process or individual is finished.
5. We have a Bias for Action: We get things done…in a considered way.
6. We Care about our People and or Communities: We treat people how we would like to be treated.
Please send your resume and cover letter explaining why you feel you are a strong candidate for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org