Bright, driven and excited by opportunity? Want to join an expanding team of software and business professionals who are challenging the way applications are delivered?
Matillion is a fast growing Big Data company started in Manchester in 2011 and now with offices in Altrincham, Manchester (UK) and New York. Our Matillion ETL product launched over 2 years ago and is now used by over 200 major companies all over the world and we are ready to build on that success. If you are a proponent of the DevOps culture and an automation fanatic read on and apply today.
Matillion’s team builds the software that drives our business. Using a modern software stack, state of the art dual screen PC setups (Windows or Linux, your choice) and under the stewardship of some of the industry’s leading engineers, we build innovative Data Integration software that’s helping us deliver value and beat the competition. This role underpins everything our developers produce and everything our customers use.
This isn’t a typical environment support / operations role, we don’t run a lot of live infrastructure, but, we want people who have that experience. We think that knowing what works in a production cloud environment and how our customers are running our product can better enable us to build a truly world-class product.
We’re cloud-native but vendor-agnostic and so should you be. We love Amazon and Google equally and our products run in both (although we expect you’ve got a favourite, we don’t have time for arguing about it). As the cloud marketplace expands, you can be assured we’ll be leading the way, so, the flexibility and the ability to deliver innovative cross-cloud solutions is a must. You will be supporting engineers to deliver software that is critical to the success of the business.
We’d expect our DevOps engineers to talk code as much as they can talk infrastructure so experience of supporting and troubleshooting a software product in Java or Python would be ideal.
We fully believe that an open and diverse industry is important; we welcome candidates who are passionate about their craft and willing to to engage with and promote an inclusive culture both internally and externally.
We also offer:
- A supportive team environment with other software engineers, graduates and Matillion team members
- Complimentary soft drinks, breakfast and snacks
- Office environment purpose built for engineers (who love table tennis and arcade games)
- Regular team social activities
The role has the following requirements:
- A degree in a Computer Science discipline, or, substantial demonstrable practical experience in a hands-on role
- Experience of supporting and troubleshooting a live product in a cloud environment
- Experience of scripting in at least one language in a Unix/Linux environment
- Experience of designing and building infrastructure and release automation
- Experience of network/system hardening and security best practice
- Experience of SQL and database administration (preferably Postgresql)
- Enthusiasm for understanding and learning a wide range of technology
- This role is either based at our awesome offices in Altrincham or for the right candidate with right experience, based at home for some or all of the time
- This role is primarily hands-on technical
- Annual reviews with clear targets for career progression
Why work at Matillion?
- The chance to join a fast growing business that is shaking up the industry
- Work with bright, like-minded people in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Engineering lead business with a modern software development stack
- Emphasis on employee well-being, development and career progression
- Fast-paced and professional environment where your skills will surge forward
- Brand new offices in Altrincham, opposite the transport interchange
- CV submission – Now
- Telephone interview – On receipt of CV, subject to review
Please send your CV and a covering e-mail, explaining why you think you would be good for this role, to email@example.com
Matillion is fundamentally changing data integration enabling our customers to innovate at the speed of business, with cloud-native data integration technology that solves individuals’ and enterprises’ top business challenges.
Founded 2011, close to Manchester, in the north of England. Matillion has customers globally, from the world’s largest enterprises with mission-critical workloads, to born-on-the-Cloud tech companies using Matillion ETL to innovate at speed. Matillion’s North American offices are in New York, NY.
Learn more at www.matillion.com