Graduate Software Engineer
Bright, driven and excited by opportunity? Want to join an expanding team of software and business professionals who are challenging the way applications are delivered?
Matillion is a fast growing Big Data company started in Manchester in 2011 and now with offices in Altrincham, Manchester (UK) and New York. Our Matillion ETL product launched over 2 years ago and is now used by over 200 major companies all over the world and we are ready to build on that success. If you are a keen software engineer and want to understand the industry, work with cloud platforms from Amazon, Microsoft and Google and love great software development please read on and apply today.
Matillion’s Product Development team builds the software that drives our business. Using a modern software stack, state of the art dual screen PC setups and under the stewardship of some of the industry’s leading engineers, we build innovative Data Integration software that’s helping us deliver value and beat the competition.
This isn’t your average graduate role. You’ll be writing software that is important to the business. You’ll be cutting code on the Monday that’s in use by the Friday as part of a fast paced Agile development team. You’ll have your own features to build, which you can see through from conception to delivery. Your skills and experience will race forward and you’ll be surrounded by people who share your talent and your love of technology.
Our Software Engineers are characterised by their intellect, love of code and demonstrable skills and academic performance.
You will gain hands on experience of the following:
- Extensive hands-on development in Java, building business critical systems from day one
- Liaising with colleagues and the managers to help shape, define and elaborate requirements
- Working with the latest cloud technology from Amazon, Google and Microsoft
- Troubleshooting bugs and fixing them
- Using modern Agile tools, specifically: Eclipse, Jira, Jenkins, Maven, Mercurial, JUnit and Docker
- Using modern development frameworks, technologies and products, specifically: Tomcat, Websockets, HTML5 Canvas, GWT/GXT and Postgresql/MongoDB
- Use of Ubuntu and Amazon Linux on desktops, servers and Amazon EC2 AMIs
We also offer:
- A supportive team environment with other software engineers, graduates and Matillion team members
- Complimentary soft drinks, breakfast and snacks
- Office environment purpose built for developers (who love table tennis and arcade games)
- Regular team social activities
The role has the following requirements:
- A 1st or 2.1 class degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Similar
- Solid Java programming skills
- Enthusiasm for software engineering and Object Oriented Design
- Good understanding of Databases and SQL
- Enthusiasm for understanding and learning a wide range of technology
- Linux experience an advantage
- This role is based at our offices in Altrincham
- This role is primarily hands-on technical
- Annual reviews with clear targets for career progression
Why work at Matillion?
- The chance to join a fast growing business that is shaking up the industry
- Work with bright, like-minded people
- Engineering lead business with a modern software development stack
- Emphasis on employee well-being, development and career progression
- Fast-paced and professional environment where your skills will surge forward
- Brand new offices in Altrincham, opposite the transport interchange
Please send your CV and a covering e-mail, explaining why you think you would be good for this role, to email@example.com