In-house graphic designer for Matillion’s Marketing team, responsible for conveying strong visual
narratives in marketing assets and productionising a wide range of visual marketing pieces.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Marketing Communications Campaigns
- Work closely with the Product Marketing team to understand graphics needs
- Manage the design and production of all marketing communication campaign assets for a wide variety of stakeholders
- Create custom iconography, diagrams, and visual aids to simply communicate complex technical workflows
- Monitor partners, competitors, and industry trends to identify opportunities and ensure assets are modern
- Develop creative banners for use in organic and paid media campaigns
- Attend meetings with third-party stakeholders for jointly-produced content design needs
- Champion for quality and company brand standards
- Ensure deadlines are being met
- Keen eye for design and visual storytelling and offers a variety of design solutions
- Ability to take on conceptual ideas and transform into powerful visual imagery
- Work with the event lead to support the design process for event booth graphics and pop up banners
- Assist in customisations/graphics for merchandise and event giveaways
- Update all event printed materials as needed
- Format visually engaging presentations
- Adjust stock imagery for individual use cases
- Create visual updates for the company-wide newsletter
- Work with the videographer to understand graphics requirements (e.g. thumbnails, diagrams)
- Opportunity to support other departments with their graphic design needs
- Live the Matillion values; reflects Matillion’s values through demonstrating positive behaviours.
Functional or Technical Knowledge and Skills Required
- 2-3 years experience as a graphics designer or relevant qualification
- Fully competent Adobe CS suite – Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
- Fully competent working with G Suite
- Experience of working in design/marketing environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to listen and synthesise new information
- Possess strong conceptual skills, as a keen eye for design, layout, and typography
- An understanding of design processes and creative workflow
- Track record of delivering effective designs with limited lead time
- Ability to deliver high quality under pressure
- A portfolio
- Marketo, HubSpot
- WordPress, HTML, CSS
- Webpage layout/design
- Knowledge of cloud technology industry
Personal Capabilities Required, e.g. skills, attitude, strengths
- Strong organisation and prioritisation skills
- Team player who works well in cross-functional teams
- Self-starter who takes initiative, identifies areas for improvements
- Able to follow projects through from start to publication with minimal supervision
These values are the same across all roles, functions and geographies in Matillion. You will go through an exercise on joining that looks in details at the values and relates them to your own role.
1. We are Confident without Arrogance: We take pride in what we do but we stay humble.
2. We work with Integrity: We have a strong moral compass; we are transparent, and we hold ourselves accountable.
3. We are Customer Obsessed: We will always go above and beyond to listen to, acknowledge and value our customers.
4. We Innovate and Demand Quality: We believe no product, process or individual is finished.
5. We have a Bias for Action: We get things done…in a considered way.
6. We Care about our People and or Communities: We treat people how we would like to be treated.
Please send your resume and cover letter explaining why you feel you are a strong candidate for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org