This role is responsible for HR support and projects across multiple offices in the UK and the US within all areas of an employee life cycle and day to day operations.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manages ATS and recruitment requisition
- Supports with interview set up, organisation and feedback where required
- Manages and coordinates our University and school outreach and recruitment activities
- Supports the drive for best practices within our recruitment processes
- Ensures all candidates get the right Matillion experience
- Manages new joiners onboarding process including gathering feedback on this an adding the the people ops plan improvements and changes to be
Compensation and Benefits
- Pulls reports for payroll on a monthly basis
- Manages the paperwork for employee changes and ensures there is an audit trail in place
- Coordinates and updates for travel, life, medical and other benefits
- Works with marketing and office manager to manage employee swag
Legal and Compliance
- Applies legal and compliance thinking to people ops systems and records
- Keeps up to date with legal changes and escalates
- Escalates where there may be issues with compliance against company policies, code of conduct and legally
- Monitors leave uptake
- Creates and reviews with HR coordinator HR KPIs for internal use and board packs
- Manages intranet content and monitoring
- Plans engagement activities and communication throughout the year and communication of this
- Explores the platform for best practices and ways to engage team
- Support people ops team with charitable partnering and activities
- Reviews use and practices of the Matillion values and looks for ways to constantly embed and develop this
- Maintains exit interviews and ensures feedback is collected for exec team
Learning, Development and Performance Management
- Reviews performance management tools and reviews to look for bespoke and collective development areas
- Looks for suppliers of training when required
- Assists the VP people on disciplinary and performance conversations
Administration and Coordination
- Supports HR coordinator with any admin and coordination tasks
Covers HR coordinators leave and takes on these responsibilities
- Live the Matillion values; reflects Matillion’s values through demonstrating positive behaviours
- Understand the need to lead by example on all areas of policy, process and code of conduct
- Keeps finger on the pulse of the office environment and people via informal methods and office walks
- Take responsibility to escalate issues as and when you see them in relation to safe-guarding our culture
- Promotes inclusion and diversity
- Confident to share ideas openly within the people ops team
Functional or Technical Knowledge and Skills Required
- Ability to build professional and collaborative relationships
- Experience of a company where culture and values are key
- Strong PC skills
- 5+ years experience in an HR generalist role or within a specific area of HR where you have had broad exposure to HR generalism
- G suite skills
- HR Qualification at level 3 or 5 with CIPD recognition
- Experience in a fast growing org with VC backing
Personal Capabilities Required, e.g. skills, attitude, strengths
- Confidentiality and respect and dignity
- Confident to present on people ops related activities/projects
These values are the same across all roles, functions and geographies in Matillion. You will go through an exercise on joining that looks in details at the values and relates them to your own role.
1. We are Confident without Arrogance: We take pride in what we do but we stay humble.
2. We work with Integrity: We have a strong moral compass; we are transparent, and we hold ourselves accountable.
3. We are Customer Obsessed: We will always go above and beyond to listen to, acknowledge and value our customers.
4. We Innovate and Demand Quality: We believe no product, process or individual is finished.
5. We have a Bias for Action: We get things done…in a considered way.
6. We Care about our People and or Communities: We treat people how we would like to be treated.
Please send your resume and cover letter explaining why you feel you are a strong candidate for this role to email@example.com