Partner BD Manager
The Partner Business Development Manager will help define our Cloud Service Provider (CSP) and BI Partner BD
strategy. The Partner BD manager will build close relationships with BD, Sales, Presales and Partner Management
roles across the assigned technology alliances to maximize joint revenue opportunities. You will be responsible for
building strategic partnerships that drive tangible business value, reach more customers and channel partners (SIs,
consulting partners), and help our technology alliance partners understand the potential impact Matillion can have on
their business. The scope will be global with a focus in the US. This position is an Individual Contributor and reports to
the VP Alliances.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Partner BD Strategy
- Help define and execute Matillion’s global alliances strategy
- Understand our partnerships, their goals and the intersection with Matillion – drive understanding with our technology alliance partners of the potential impact
Matillion can have on their business
- Implement a holistic go-to-market plan and collaborate with various partner teams to execute it
Partner BD Execution
- Working with our internal business development and sales teams, to develop and execute global go-to-market strategies and partner programs to drive both revenue
and customer acquisition for Matillion
- Own the development and execution of global go-to-market plans with CSPs like AWS, Google, Microsoft, and Snowflake, as well as with BI partners (e.g. Tableau,
- Support lead acquisition, enablement and activation through a solid partner business development strategy and world class execution
- Create/package tailored sales enablement material for partners (first call decks, battlecards, solution briefs, SA guides, categorized customer use cases and case
- Integrate into existing partner sales training and programs
- Establish ‘office hours’ for Alliance partners sales and pre-sales functions and drive the joint pipeline
- Establish and orchestrate co-selling programs between Matillion’s and the Alliance partner’s sales teams
- Manage shared/funded headcount programs with alliance partners
- Manage business rhythm with partner’s BD/sales organizations, implement scorecards and KPIs, and track goal achievement
- Implement internal tracking, create dashboards and regular business reports to the Matillion leadership team
Partner Relationship Building
- Foster relationships with key BD/sales stakeholders and executives at partner organization
- Maintain a heatmap/org chart of relationship status
- Live the Matillion values; reflects Matillion’s values through demonstrating positive behaviours.
Functional or Technical Knowledge and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of experience in program management, partner development and/or channel sales roles in the business technology market Experience building global GTM initiatives with strategic partners
- Proven ability to think and work strategically, while also driving rapid execution including personally contributing to key deliverables
- Ability to quickly understand complex issues and develop/apply simplifying frameworks to facilitate broader organizational understanding, decision-making, and
- Excellent time management and organization skills with attention to detail
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and proactive problem-solving skills
- Passion for technology combined with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- Experience working within enterprise software development industry
- Solid understanding of Cloud computing technology and a utility pricing model
- Willingness to travel (~50%)
- Having direct selling experience at one of our key alliances (Azure, AWS, GCP, Snowflake) is a plus
Personal Capabilities Required, e.g. skills, attitude, strengths
- Exhibit unwavering integrity and work ethic
- Proven self-starter, results-driven and a team player with the ability to work independently
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a progressive and dynamic work environment
- Strong leadership skills in driving global business planning, initiatives and adoption into the regions
- Capacity to assume increasing responsibility in a highly successful, fast-paced global startup organization
- Impeccable execution on plans and a significant bias towards measuring impact
These values are the same across all roles, functions and geographies in Matillion. You will go through an exercise on joining that looks in details at the values and relates them to your own role.
1. We are Confident without Arrogance: We take pride in what we do but we stay humble.
2. We work with Integrity: We have a strong moral compass; we are transparent, and we hold ourselves accountable.
3. We are Customer Obsessed: We will always go above and beyond to listen to, acknowledge and value our customers.
4. We Innovate and Demand Quality: We believe no product, process or individual is finished.
5. We have a Bias for Action: We get things done…in a considered way.
6. We Care about our People and or Communities: We treat people how we would like to be treated.
Please send your resume and cover letter explaining why you feel you are a strong candidate for this role to email@example.com