Product Marketing Manager
The Matillion Marketing team is looking for an experienced Product Marketing Manager to clearly articulate our product positioning and messaging, ensuring our customers understand the value of what we deliver with respect to their needs. The individual in this role will continually test and refine aspects of our product marketing strategy in order to ensure products are highly relevant and continually meet customer expectations.
This position is an individual contributor, is located in our Denver, CO office, and reports to the Director of Product Marketing. This role includes an estimated ~20% travel.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Clearly articulate our offer, its business value, how it answers customer pain points, and how it is unique and differentiated from competing offers through creation of top quality marketing content
Develop sales enablement tools and collateral that support the selling process and shortens sales cycle times
- Plan and coordinate the launch of new products and features and manage the cross-functional implementation of this plan
- Be the voice of the customer (VoC) and the market. Maintain a continual connection with customers and prospects through such vehicles as interviews, focus groups, and interaction with the press/analyst community
- Create/maintain awareness of competing offers in our market, and how we stack up
· Live the Matillion values; reflects Matillion’s values through demonstrating positive behaviours
Functional or Technical Knowledge and Skills Required
- Experience in product marketing including (but not limited to) market sizing, market segmentation, customer persona definition, messaging/positioning development, competitive positioning, pricing, packaging, product launches, and market research
- Output orientation with strong ability to create high quality, customer-facing content including web content, presentation material, solution briefs, and sales enablement collateral
- Proven ability to quickly understand complex issues and develop/apply simplifying frameworks to create understanding for a variety of audiences – make difficult things easy to understand
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with sales, marketing and product teams
- Experience in a fast-paced startup environment with a high degree of change
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or related field
- 4+ years professional experience in product marketing, partner marketing, or product management
- Experience working with or for AWS, Google, Microsoft or Snowflake
- MBA preferred. Pragmatic marketing certification a plus
Personal Capabilities Required, e.g. skills, attitude, strengths
- Proven ability to think and work strategically, while driving rapid execution including personally contributing key deliverables
These values are the same across all roles, functions and geographies in Matillion. You will go through an exercise on joining that looks in details at the values and relates them to your own role.
1. We are Confident without Arrogance: We take pride in what we do but we stay humble.
2. We work with Integrity: We have a strong moral compass; we are transparent, and we hold ourselves accountable.
3. We are Customer Obsessed: We will always go above and beyond to listen to, acknowledge and value our customers.
4. We Innovate and Demand Quality: We believe no product, process or individual is finished.
5. We have a Bias for Action: We get things done…in a considered way.
6. We Care about our People and or Communities: We treat people how we would like to be treated.
Please send your resume and cover letter explaining why you feel you are a strong candidate for this role to email@example.com