Sales Development Representative
Bright, driven and excited by opportunity? Want to join an expanding team of software and business professionals who are challenging the way applications are delivered?
Matillion is a rapidly growing Big Data company founded in Manchester in 2011 with offices in Manchester (UK), New York, Seattle, and Denver. Our Matillion ETL product launched 2.5 years ago and is now used by over 300 major companies all over the world and we are ready to build on that success.
The Matillion Sales team is looking for Sales Development Representatives to join our fast-paced team to drive revenue and customer acquisition for Matillion. As a Sales Development Representative you will help deliver on our mission to design and develop cloud-native software that leverages the intersection of data and cloud computing, empowering our customers with lightning-fast access to the insights that drive their organizations. This role offers the unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a rapidly growing Sales organization with career opportunities to advance within the company.
You will be responsible for following up on leads, overcoming objections, qualifying and identifying opportunities, and scheduling Live Demos to help prospects understand the potential impact Matillion can have on their business. You will build relationships with prospects within your assigned territory and will work closely with our internal Sales, Solution Architecture, and Marketing teams. This position is an Individual Contributor and reports to the Sales Development Manager. The position will be based out of our office in Denver, Colorado.
- Prospect and develop leads, overcome objections, understand prospects’ needs and qualify them
- Make a high volume of phone calls to both warm and cold leads (50+ calls per day)
- Communicate our value proposition in a pitch to potential customers
- Work closely with Sales and Solution Architecture teams to schedule Live Demos with qualified prospects
- Follow up on demand-generation activities such as webinars, conferences, etc
- Responsible for building sales/lead pipeline by meeting & exceeding monthly Live Demo quota
- Update lead records and activity in Salesforce
- Analyze customer needs in regards to current business obstacles, identify opportunities and determine potential for Matillion solutions
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience and 1+ year of work experience in professional setting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and time-management skills
- “Go-getter” mentality with a desire to advance career within Sales
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, proactive problem-solving skills, team player
- Ability to quickly understand complex issues and develop/apply simplifying frameworks to facilitate broader organizational understanding, decision-making, and action
- Passion for technology combined with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Sales/Sales Development experience
- Experience using Salesforce
- Experience working within enterprise software development industry
- Foundational understanding of Cloud computing technology and a utility pricing model
Please send your resume and cover letter explaining why you feel you are a strong candidate for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.