Software Test Engineer
Bright, driven and excited by opportunity? Want to join an expanding team of software and business professionals who are challenging the way applications are delivered?
Matillion is a fast growing Big Data company started in Manchester in 2011 and now with offices in Altrincham, Manchester (UK) and New York. Our Matillion ETL product launched over 2 years ago and is now used by over 200 major companies all over the world and we are ready to build on that success. If you are a keen software test engineer and want to understand the industry, work with cloud platforms from Amazon, Microsoft and Google and love great software development please read on and apply today.
Matillion’s test engineering team verifies/validates the software that drives our business. Using state of the art technology you will be core to the delivery of the Matillion products over multiple platforms.
Working in an agile fast paced environment and using continuous integration, the test team are responsible for the overall quality of the product. Using JIRA, the stories are managed through a strict development process and are delivered into test ready for both functional and non-functional testing to take place. As a test engineer you will be required to implement different levels of testing from system test to user acceptance as well as applying the appropriate techniques before merging directly into the product.
Management of large regression packs is essential in the testing team and you will have chance to hone your skills by updating, maintaining and improving the packs on a daily basis, As the testing team are embedded into the development team (1:4) you will gain experience of the latest technologies including AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Snowflake, Browserstack, Bitbucket, and many more. As the application is built in Java and driven by SQL, experience in these areas would be beneficial.
You will gain hands-on experience of the following:
- Extensive hands-on testing and merging into the product from day one using CI
- Liaising with colleagues and the managers to help shape, define and elaborate requirements
- Working with the latest cloud technologies from Amazon, Google and Snowflake
- Locating bugs and and managing them through the lifecycle
- Using modern Agile tools, specifically: Jira, Jenkins, Bitbucket, Browserstack SQL DB’s, and Docker
- Working with modern development frameworks, technologies and products, specifically: Tomcat, Websockets, HTML5 Canvas, GWT/GXT and Postgresql/MongoDB
- Use of Ubuntu and Amazon Linux on servers and Amazon EC2 AMIs
We also offer:
- A supportive team environment with other software engineers, graduates and Matillion team members
- Complimentary soft drinks, breakfast and snacks
- Office environment purpose built for developers (who love table tennis and arcade games)
- Regular team social activities
The role has the following requirements:
- A 1st or 2.1 class degree in a technical subject or relevant experience
- ISTQB Certified (Foundation)
- Knowledge of the SDLC
- Enthusiasm for understanding and learning a wide range of technology
Ideal candidates will benefit from experience in:
- JIRA bug tracking
- Management of regression packs
- Databases and SQL
- Java background
- This role is based at our offices in Altrincham
- This role is primarily hands-on technical
- Annual reviews with clear targets for career progression
Why work at Matillion?
- The chance to join a fast growing business that is shaking up the industry
- Work with bright, like-minded people
- Engineering lead business with a modern software development stack
- Emphasis on employee well-being, development and career progression
- Fast-paced and professional environment where your skills will surge forward
- Brand new offices in Altrincham, opposite the transport interchange
Please send your CV and a covering e-mail, explaining why you think you would be good for this role, to email@example.com