REST & JSON APIs to BigQuery integration
- High performance data load
- Simple configuration
- Supports standard and custom objects
- Read data from any JSON or XML based API with ease
- Schedule data load and transformation, combine with other data, processes and services
API Query Component
The API Query component in Matillion ETL for BigQuery provides high performance data load from any JSON or XML based API, into Google BigQuery. The component converts the API into a pseudo SQL dialect that can then be queried in a similar way to any normal database. This data can then be copied to BigQuery by the component.
If you would like you connect to a custom API, please contact Matillion Support for further details
Features and Benefits
The API Query component in Matillion ETL for BigQuery delivers fast data load performance and simple configuration, whilst being extensible to the most sophisticated data load and transform requirements.
- Fast – load and transform data into BigQuery at high speed
- Powerful query engine – query standard and custom objects using SQL. Define filters and conditions
- Basic and Advanced modes. Basic mode provides simple data selection and filtering. Advanced mode provides a powerful SQL-like interface to query the API
- Secure –SSL encryption for in-flight data. Authenticate using username/password and token, or OAuth
- Implements BigQuery best-practice – automatically sets column encoding settings on data loaded from the API.
- Standalone data load or sophisticated integration – combine API load data with data from other databases and systems. Integrate with other GCP services such as Cloud Storage
- Getting started with the API Driver in Matillion ETL (launch in new window)
- Component data model (launch in new window)