[1.31] API profile generator, grid variables, improved matching, new data load components and more
- Zendesk Query orchestration component for loading data from the Zendesk customer relationship system
- Mixpanel Query orchestration component for loading data from Mixpanel product analytics system
- Xero Query orchestration component for loading data from the Xero accounting system
- Dynamics 365 Query orchestration component for loading data from Microsoft Dynamics CRM/ERP
- API Profile RSD Generator
- Accelerate the development of API Profiles using a new tool that automatically generates a basic XML “RSD descriptor” for any API endpoint, based on a sample of data returned
- REST API Version 1 – Matillion ETL now has full API coverage:-
- You can now read/write more assets (JDBC Drivers, credentials, SQS configuration) as well as allowing finer-control of which resources to include
- A map of the v1 API is available here
- The “v0” api is still available and unchanged
- Grid Variables System
- In addition to “scalar” (single-valued) variables, you can now define grid variables to hold lists and grids of values; use them wherever a compatible list or grid of values is required.
- Grid variables can be manipulated/modified in Python
- You can pass values for grid variables when starting a job via SQS and/or the V1 API
- You can now disable parts of an Orchestration job
- Improved Matching in column mappings – Many transformation component “Column Mapping” parameters can now be automatically mapped, even when the input and output column names are similar but not identical
- A new SQL Script component allows you to run your own SQL scripts
Important (possible breaking change): API Profiles (“RSD’s”) that handle paging may need to be tweaked to disable “auto” paging. Please see here for more details.
Important (possible breaking change): API profile limits are now applied. Where the default of 100 is set it will now be applied. This could affect API Query Components which previously ignored that limit.
[1.30] Improved Task Info Panel, Cloud Pub/Sub Component, New Data Load Components and more
- New Cloud Pub/Sub component can send messages to PubSub during job runs.
- New Cloud Storage Load Generator can inspect files on Cloud Storage and generate Create Table / Cloud Storage Load components.
- Redesigned “Scheduler” user interface to simplify the management of scheduled orchestration jobs.
- New “Task Info” panel and “Task” panel make it much easier to understand complex tasks both at run time and after job execution.
- Matillion variables can be defined and scoped at job level making jobs much more reusable. Variables can now be passed to and returned from jobs.
- New Quickbooks Online Query component to connect to the popular online accounting system.
- New Square Query component to connect to the payment system.
- New Google Custom Search component allows google search data to be ingested.
- All data-staging components can append rows to an existing table as well as creating new tables.
[1.29] New Data Load Components, Cloud Storage File Browser Enhancements, Advanced Connection Options and more
- New Jira Query component loads data from Atlassian’s popular Software Development Platform.
- New PayPal Query component can load payment and other data from Paypal Business accounts.
- New ServiceNow Query component loads data from Servicenow’s IT Service Management (ITSM) platform.
- New Stripe Query component loads data from Stripe’s payment platform
- New Email Query component can query an IMAP based email system.
- New YouTube Analytics component can query data from the YouTube Analytics API.
- All query components now allow you to override the output table so you can specify an existing table to load or append to.
- Excel Query can now load files from Google Cloud Storage, as well as Amazon S3
- You only see S3 and/or GCS when you have credentials in the environment, otherwise they are hidden.
- New option to drop a schema from the Environment Tree.
- Specify a region in S3 Unload (to allow writing to buckets outside of the Redshift cluster’s region)
- S3 / Google Cloud Storage file browser enhancements
- Set advanced connection options during OAuth flow (e.g. to connect to a Salesforce Sandbox)
- Warning: Manage Backups and View Audit haven’t been removed, they have been moved to the Admin menu
- Map Values component
[1.28] New Admin Menu, Table Update Component, Python Scripts Support, Enterprise Features and more
- Improvements to Partitioned Tables support
- You can create external tables over Google Drive files and Google Sheets
- New Table Update component can update existing table in a transformation flow without rewriting all data
- New iteration component Table Iterator allows you to iterate over an existing BQ dataset
- Added support for Python scripts (Jython, Python2 and Python3) as part of Orchestration flows
- New Except and Intersect Transformation components to compliment the Unite (Union) component
- Enterprise Features
- Automatic Job Documentation. Matillion ETL can automatically generate documentation for your ETL process, this tool will recursively search all your jobs and include all job detail including linked notes and descriptions
- Auditing of User Actions with searchable Audit Log provides fine grained audit of every change to an ETL process
- Database Query now supports IBM Netezza data warehouses via JDBC
- All transformation components support multiple outputs.
- Separate Replicate component not required
- A new Admin Menu allows administrators to:
- Access the server log
- Apply updates to the Matillion server without using the command line.
- Add, remove and configure users (using either an internal user database or external directory server).
- Configure SSL