DynamoDB and Amazon Redshift Integration – DynamoDB Load Component
- High performance data load
- Simple configuration
- Supports standard and custom DynamoDB objects
- Schedule data load and transformation, combine with other data, processes and services
DynamoDB to Amazon Redshift Load Component
The DynamoDB Load component in Matillion ETL for Amazon Redshift allows you to load data into an existing Redshift table from objects stored in Amazon DynamoDB.
This is similar to the S3 Load component, and also uses the Redshift COPY command. However, many of the COPY options are not applicable for a DynamoDB COPY, so this component is simpler to set up.
Features and Benefits
The DynamoDB Load component in Matillion ETL for Amazon Redshift delivers fast data load performance and simple configuration, whilst being extensible to the most sophisticated data load and transform requirements.
- Fast – load and transform DynamoDB data into Redshift at high speed
- Powerful query engine – query DynamoDB standard and custom objects using SQL. Define filters and conditions
- Basic and Advanced modes. Basic mode provides simple data selection and filtering. Advanced mode provides a powerful SQL-like interface to query the DynamoDB database
- Secure –SSL encryption for in-flight data. Authenticate with DynamoDB using username/password and token, or OAuth
- Implements Redshift best-practice – automatically sets column encoding settings on data loaded from DynamoDB. Specify distribution style (Key, Even or All) and Compound/Interleaved sort keys
- Standalone data load or sophisticated integration – combine DynamoDB data with data from other databases and systems. Integrate with other AWS services including RDS, S3, SQS and SNS
- Monitor load status. Comprehensive logging, audit and alerting features
- Component documentation (launch in new window)