What’s new in Matillion ETL for Amazon Redshift, version 1.29.9?
The latest release of Matillion ETL for Amazon Redshift version 1.29.9, includes a whole host of enhancements, new features and new components to make Matillion ETL for Amazon Redshift better than ever before!
You can find the complete release notes for version 1.29.9 below, or alternatively, you can watch this short video for a full tour of the new features.
Take a tour of the new features
Want to see what’s new in version 1.29.9? Check out this video tour in which our CTO, Ed Thompson, provides a tour of the new features, new functionality and new components in the latest release of Matillion ETL for Amazon Redshift.
You can also find the full release notes and upgrade instructions on our Redshift Support Center.
New Data Connectors
- External Table Output
- Add Partition
- Delete Partition
- Other Amazon Redshift Spectrum components have new Table Partitioning parameters.
- Excel Query can now load files from Google Cloud Storage, as well as Amazon S3.
- You only see S3 and/or GCS when you have credentials in the environment, otherwise they are hidden.
- New option to drop a schema from the Environment Tree.
- Specify a region in S3 Unload (to allow writing to buckets outside of the Redshift cluster’s region).
- S3 / Google Cloud Storage file browser enhancements.
- Set advanced connection options during OAuth flow (e.g. to connect to a Salesforce Sandbox).
- Warning: Manage Backups and View Audit haven’t been removed, they have been moved to the Admin menu.
What else is new?
Matillion ETL for Amazon Redshift version 1.29.9 also introduces the ability to configure Matillion ETL in a highly available topology with fully active-active cluster. This feature is only available on Large and X-large instances.
- Jobs run from SQS, the API or the built-in Scheduler will now fail-over in the event of an instance failure.
- Scheduled runs missed because a server is offline will be run when it becomes available again.
- Once two or more members are in the cluster, a Cluster Info tab shows membership status and activity.
- OAuth tokens, Database Drivers and RSD Profiles are replicated via the persistence database (postgres).
- Logging from each node is sent to Cloudwatch.
- Cloudformation Templates help you get started with a clustered Matillion.
Get started with version 1.29.9 today with a demo, free trial or test drive trial.