It has been a busy fall at Matillion. We’ve been out on the road at various conferences to meet our customers and partners. We had the privilege of attending all five of the stops on the Snowflake World Tour.
The Snowflake World Tour started in San Francisco in September, with stops in Chicago, New York, London, wrapping up in Sydney last week. The team at Matillion had a great time on tour, speaking with data professionals around the world.
If you are not familiar with the World Tour, Snowflake provides a free, one-day comprehensive learning opportunity for data-driven practitioners and leaders. It’s a great way for people to network with like-minded peers and get insights into new and exciting ways people are using data.
Getting feedback and solving problems in person
About 5,000 professionals attended the world tour and our team was able to immerse themselves in modern data analytics trends and thought leadership from respected data leaders. We learned from our customers and prospects where they are struggling on their data journeys.
Attendees joined us at our “office hours” to learn more about data transformation inside the cloud and to talk through common use cases like reporting and analytics, data democratization, machine learning/artificial intelligence, and data integration. Many technical users at each stop of the tour gave us a chance to deep dive into different parts of the Matillion ETL solution. We attracted large audiences as we demoed how to load slowly changing dimensions and fact tables using Matillion.
Sharing Matillion and Snowflake success stories
We shared stories of the successful data migrations and transformations we’ve seen with Snowflake and Matillion ETL during two of the Snowflake World Tour stops:
- During the London event on October 3, our CEO Matthew Scullion spoke alongside Robbie Francis, Managing Director at Eposability in a talk titled, “Delivering the Value of Data Management As a Business Model.” They shared the story of Eposability, an IT consulting firm, that used Matillion ETL and Snowflake to help develop a simplified and scalable business intelligence solution for its clients.
- In Sydney, our Alliances Manager Daniel Shah joined customer Adam Skinner, CDO/CTO at Fitness & Lifestyle Group (FLG) for a session called, “Creating a Data Wellness Strategy to Positively Impact People’s Lives.” FLG, the leading health and wellness group in the Asia-Pacific region, found a flexible, scalable and performant solution in Matillion ETL and Snowflake that could handle their growing data needs and match their pace of growth.
Accepting an award in Sydney
Matillion received a nice surprise in Sydney: we received the Snowflake SnowedIn award for “Most Engaged and Active Tech Partner.” This award demonstrates the alignment and engagement we have created during our partnership with Snowflake. Huge thanks to Snowflake as we both continue to provide an expert cloud data management approach for our joint customers.
Observations from the ground floor
After a whirlwind six weeks of answering customer questions, chatting with prospects, and performing demos, here are a few insights we overheard on the floor:
- Getting data into a central place is a big topic of interest. Customers want to know how to connect data sources from APIs and platforms to bring their data together.
- Cloud computing has accelerated business reporting. More and more companies are putting their data to work with cloud-based analytics.
- Data security concerns remain prevalent. Snowflake dedicated numerous sessions to best practices to securely access, query, and join data while protecting PII and other sensitive information.
We want to meet you in person
We love to talk with IT, data, and analytics professionals to learn more about their challenges and projects. The Matillion team will be at the following events throughout the rest of the year:
November 5-6, Austin, TX
November 5-7, San Francisco, CA
November 12-15, Las Vegas, NV
December 2-6, Las Vegas, NV