It’s no secret that we are big proponents of modernization at Matillion. We know that moving toward newer technology can help businesses stay competitive and agile as they procure flexible, scalable solutions for their data infrastructure. But those that have yet to modernize are facing an uphill battle as they try and glean insights from their data. In a recent IDG survey, more than 90% of data professionals surveyed said it is challenging to make data available in a format usable for analytics.
Companies should continue to evolve their data architecture and look to industry trends and exciting new technology to help them compete using their data insights. But on-prem and legacy tools were never meant to handle massive amounts of data in a flexible, scalable way. Businesses must make modernization a priority as new trends force significant changes to their data management strategy.
What trends are driving modernization?
Enterprises need to update their data architecture to support innovation and keep their business competitive. Shifts in the industry require the latest technology and approaches to maintain efficiency. These are some of the trends driving data integration modernization:
- The power of the Cloud. With ever-increasing data sources flowing into organizations every day, modernization efforts across the data warehouse, data lakes, and operational databases are imperative to keep pace with the amount of information. Simply put, cloud data warehouses, data lakes, and cloud-based data platforms offer better performance at a lower cost.
- New and increasing data sources. The growing number of data sources and data types are forcing companies to figure out a data management strategy that can centralize their BI and analytics operations and handle volumes and varieties of data.
- Business problems and challenges across the organization demand attention – and accurate data. Business users need to self-serve data to complete their own analytics projects, outside of IT’s purview. Data integration touches many different departments like marketing, supply chain, human resources, finance, and more. All of these functions want their data centralized to inform their strategies to solve critical business problems.
Learn best practices from the experts at TDWI and Matillion
To support the end-to-end data journey from migration to analytics, modernization of tools, technology, and people are necessary for a successful cloud data management strategy that drives insights for business growth. Get expert advice and understand how modernization can help impact your business in this on-demand webinar, “Modernizing Data Integration for Cloud Data Warehouses and Lakes,” from Philip Russom, Senior Research Director of Data Management at TDWI and Veronica Kupetz, Solution Architect at Matillion.
In this hour-long webinar, you’ll learn:
- Real-world use cases for modern data integration
- Relevant data integration techniques – from traditional ETL to modern cloud-based solutions
- Key capabilities of data integration tools
- Recommendations for modernizing data integration
- Do’s and don’ts of modernizing a data warehouse