The latest release of Matillion ETL for Snowflake version 1.31, includes a whole host of enhancements, new features and new components to make Matillion ETL better than ever before!
You can find the complete release notes for version 1.31 below, or alternatively, you can watch this short video for a full tour of the new features.
Take a tour of the new features
Want to see what’s new in version 1.31? Check out this video tour in which our CTO, Ed Thompson, provides a tour of the new features, new functionality and new components in the latest release of Matillion ETL for Snowflake.
What’s new in Matillion ETL for Snowflake version 1.31?
You can also find the full release notes and upgrade instructions on our Snowflake Support Center.
New Data Connector Components
- Zendesk Query orchestration component for loading data from the Zendesk customer relationship system
- Mixpanel Query orchestration component for loading data from Mixpanel product analytics system
- Xero Query orchestration component for loading data from the Xero accounting system
- Dynamics 365 Query orchestration component for loading data from Microsoft Dynamics CRM/ERP
- API Profile RSD Generator
- Accelerate the development of API Profiles using a new tool that automatically generates a basic XML “RSD descriptor” for any API endpoint, based on a sample of data returned
- REST API Version 1 – Matillion ETL now has full API coverage:
- You can now read/write more assets (JDBC Drivers, credentials, SQS configuration) as well as allowing finer-control of which resources to include
- A map of the v1 API is available here
- The “v0” api is still available and unchanged
- Grid Variables System
- In addition to “scalar” (single-valued) variables, you can now define grid variables to hold lists and grids of values; use them wherever a compatible list or grid of values is required
- Grid variables can be manipulated/modified in Python
- You can pass values for grid variables when starting a job via SQS and/or the V1 API
- You can now disable parts of an Orchestration job
- Improved Matching in column mappings – Many transformation component “Column Mapping” parameters can now be automatically mapped, even when the input and output column names are similar but not identical
- Viewless Architecture
- You may remove old views that were generated by previous versions of Matillion ETL for Snowflake, via the right-click menu of each environment
- You may optionally define a “Default Role” in the Environment. Whenever a connection is required, the given username is first authenticated and then switched to the given role
Important (possible breaking change)
- API Profiles (“RSD’s”) that handle paging may need to be tweaked to disable “auto” paging. Please see here for more details
- API profile limits are now applied. Where the default of 100 is set it will now be applied. This could affect API Query Components which previously ignored that limit
Want to learn more about Matillion ETL for Snowflake v1.31? Join our webinar on March 8th at 11am EST to see v1.31 in action and get an opportunity to ask Ed Thompson, Matillion CTO, questions about the latest release.