Propelled by Product, Partner, and Market Momentum, Matillion Builds the Future of Data Productivity
2022 saw strategic investments from Citi Ventures, Snowflake Ventures, and Databricks Ventures, laying the foundation for deeper integration, continued innovation, and accelerated adoption of the Matillion Data Productivity Cloud
Denver, and Manchester, UK — January 26, 2023 — Matillion, the leader in data productivity, today announced tremendous company growth and product evolution in 2022. Notably, the company expanded its customer base of enterprise organizations that use its platform to get their data business-ready faster, including TUI, Western Union, and ghd.
Johnathan Romero, Global Head of Analytics at global hair and beauty brand ghd, shared his team’s experience with Matillion Data Productivity Cloud as they automate media reporting to provide rich, business-ready data.
"To provide customers with a frictionless experience, companies need data productivity and efficiency to help address and improve performance across the business,” said Romero. “Matillion's platform allows our data team to deliver business-ready data to the wider organization so we can spot performance issues, apply remedial actions to fix them, and provide data insights in just minutes.”
Dharmesh Thakker, a Matillion board member, general partner at Battery Ventures, and co-author of the OpenCloud report, shared his observations of the forces shaping cloud data.
“The growth of the cloud means organizations are deploying more mission-critical SaaS applications than ever before, leaving enterprises to wrangle a highly diverse set of data sources to bring operational and analytical insights to their stakeholders and customers,” said Thakker. “The result is a more complex cloud-data ecosystem, but one that enables enterprises to generate better and more unique insights that drive business outcomes. Matillion’s Data Productivity Cloud provides a unified cloud data experience that allows enterprises to deploy more projects, to more users, with faster time to value for data engineers. We’re excited by how the company is enabling organizations to improve the efficiency and productivity of their data stacks.”
As organizations look to become more productive with their data, Matillion empowers users at all levels to move and prepare data for analytics, enabling them to be more agile when serving customers, developing new products, and adjusting to changing market conditions. 2023 will bring greater productivity gains for data teams as organizations seek efficiencies, build more nuanced KPIs and cement their data strategy to be cloud-first.
Matthew Scullion, CEO and Co-founder of Matillion, reflected on the past year.
“The cloud data market continued to mature in 2022, as organizations looked to rein in complexity and incorporate distributed data sources to make faster, smarter decisions,” said Scullion. “Matillion is the glue for the modern cloud data architecture, as evidenced by our steady growth over the past 12 months. We look forward to enabling even more companies to meet their diverse data needs and empower data teams to drive innovation while building efficiency.” Matillion’s notable 2022 milestones include:
Product and Technology Highlights
- Integrations and innovation: Matillion launched its Metadata API for improved data lineage support with Collibra and other top data governance providers, dbt integration and Spark notebooks, and improved its Universal Connectivity functionality. With customer feedback in mind, the team announced connectors for Workday, SAP, and Anaplan.
- Buyer endorsements: Matillion received the distinction of “Customer Choice” in the 2022 Gartner Peer Insights ‘Voice of the Customer’: Data Integration Tools report and earned Trust Radius’ Top Rated in Data Integration tools for the fourth consecutive year.
- Unlimited Scale: Matillion introduced the first capability for data teams to scale data processing indefinitely inside their cloud environment, with governance and sovereignty built in.
- Matillion Data Loader 2.0: A single, unified experience across batch loading and real-time, log-based change data capture (CDC) pipelines has moved over 1.3 trillion rows of data.
- Snowflake Data Cloud: Matillion is one of the first partners to leverage Snowflake’s Native Application Framework, making Matillion connectors instantly available on the Snowflake platform. Over 150 Matillion sellers are certified for Snowflake.
- Databricks: With Matillion ETL for Databricks Partner Connect and new features such as enabling Unity Catalog, Delta Live Table, and Notebook Orchestration directly from the Matillion interface, data teams can be more productive on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform.
- Technical and product alignments: Additional ecosystem alignments include Google Cloud Ready – BigQuery Designation, Thoughtspot LiveAnalytics Spot Apps partnership, and support for AWS Redshift Serverless.
Market and Industry Momentum
- Matillion Academy Certification: during the course of 2022, almost 700 data practitioners became Matillion certified.
- The Matillion Emerald Awards received a record number of submissions and recognized 13 world-class data teams such as SimpleTire, Principal Group Investors, Juniper Networks, and Cisco Meraki.
- Healthcare industry traction: The launch of a FHIR (“Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources”) Data Loader powered by Matillion and Hakkōda enables users to extract FHIR data and load it into Snowflake in minutes.
- Accolades: Matillion was named in the Data50 by a16z and won a Silver Stevie® Award for Most Innovative Tech Company of the Year, and a Bronze Stevie® Award in the Entrepreneur of the Year.
Global & Organizational Expansion
- Employee experience - Matillion was recognized as a Best Workplace by various organizations. 96% of employees at Matillion are proud to be a part of their company.
- Executive appointments: In 2022, Matillion hired a General Counsel and Chief Legal Officer, welcomed seasoned Marketing and Field leadership, and onboarded a Chief People Officer.
- Office expansion- Matillion opened an engineering center of excellence in Madrid, Spain, and deepened its go-to-market motions in Australia.
Matillion is The Data Productivity Cloud. Matillion helps teams get data business-ready, faster — accelerating time-to-value and increasing the impact data can have. Thousands of enterprises including Cisco, DocuSign, Pacific Life, Slack, and TUI, trust Matillion to load, transform, sync, and orchestrate their data for a wide range of use cases from insights and operational analytics, to data science, machine learning, and AI. Native integration with popular cloud data platforms lets data teams at every skill level automate management, refinement, and data delivery for every data integration need. See Matillion for yourself, and follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter.
Matillion is a registered trademark of Matillion Ltd. All other marks are owned by their respective companies.