Check out our release video by Ed Thompson, CTO, for a guided tour of Matillion version 1.47.
Want the very best Matillion ETL experience? Each new version of Matillion ETL is better than the last. Make sure you are on the latest version to take advantage of the new features, new components, and improvements. In this blog, find out about the new components, features, and improvements introduced in Matillion ETL v1.47.
New and Updated Data Source Components
Create Your Own Connector (New)
We understand that your business has a growing number of data sources that you need to connect to in order to centralize all your business-critical data in your cloud data warehouse. To ensure that you can easily access all your data, we are happy to announce the launch of our new Create Your Own Connector, which comprises an API Extract Wizard to guide you step by step. With this feature, you can easily create your own custom connectors, allowing near-limitless connections via any REST API. With Create Your Own Connector, , you will never have to ask the question “Do you have a connector for X?” again. Read our Create Your Own Connector Announcement to learn more.
We also want to hear from you about what sources you have been able to connect to – join the Create Your Own Connector discussion on the Matillion ETL Community.
Updated Enterprise Component Features
Assert components (Update)
Matillion ETL would like to announce further improvements to the Assert components – Assert Table, Assert External Table, Assert Scalar Variable and Assert View – that were introduced in version 1.46. These components are now able to Auto populate when connected to a relevant component.
Learn more about Assert components in this blog and video.
New / Updated Features
Matillion always aims to advance our products along cloud data warehouse improvements. To align with recent Snowflake product updates, we have introduced multiple enhancements to Matillion ETL for Snowflake, including:
- File Pattern Matching for External Tables
- Set the Default DDL Collation for a table
- Load Semi-structured data directly into Target tables based upon column name matches
- New Aggregate Function – Skew
- Display Source Jobs under folders in Migration Wizard
- Support for Unloading to Parquet File Format with LZO Compression
- Converting Null Specifiers and Trimming White Space
- New Window Calculation Function – Kurtosis
- Loading CSV Data Replacing Invalid Characters
- Support for Appended Rows in Streams
For a more detailed look at the latest Snowflake enhancements in Matillion ETL, check out this blog.
Open ID Support
This release we have added Open ID support for Google BigQuery and Azure Synapse users making it now available in all Matillion ETL products. This offers a number of different options to configure Matillion User Integration. Read more about Open ID here.
New in Matillion ETL for Azure Synapse
Since we released Matillion ETL for Azure Synapse on May 12, we have been working to develop additional functionality. In 1.47, users now have:
New Orchestration and Transformation Components
In order to match the functionality of other Matillion products and to help you create more advanced ETL workflows, we’d like to announce the support of the following components:
Matillion ETL for Azure Synapse is continuously improving. As such we have updated the following features in order to provide more coverage:
- Rewrite Table Component supports Table Partitioning
- Azure Blob Storage Load Component supports Parquet and ORC files
- External Tables Improvements
- Tables listed in Environment Tree for ease of selection
- Table Input Component support External Tables
- Delete Functionality added for External Tables
Full Release notes are available on the Support Site:
You can also head over to the community to discuss 1.47 with other Matillion ETL users.
Ready to upgrade to Matillion v1.47?
For more information on how to upgrade, check out our blog on Best practices for updating your Matillion ETL instance.